This is a quite easy hike due to the slight ascends and decends.
Mosscovered slopes and tiny rivers cover our way. As we walk past ivied trees we can have a beautiful view in the direction of Bad Peterstal
During summer there will be a drinking hall as well as a water treatment facility for your refreshment.
- From the upper Rhein plain (A5) take the motorway exit Appenweier and the road B 28 to Bad Peterstal. When in Bad Peterstal the train station is located to your left.
- From the motorway A81 take the exit at Horb and drive along the B28 in direction of Freudenstadt and Bad Peterstal-Griesbach. When in Bad Peterstal the train station is located to your right.
ParkingParking lot at Bad Peterstal train station (free,no time limit)
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentHiking gear for the winter as well as hiking sticks.
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.