Challenging MTB course with a high trail content for advanced MTB riders. On the circuit, difficult spots (A-line) can be bypassed by a B-line.
Distance 25.9 km
The challenging MTB route has a high trail share of around 40 %. It leads through beautiful deciduous forest passages of the Zauberwald, first downhill to the Sauerbrunnen, from here through a coniferous forest and finally back into the Zauberwald. This is followed by fast-changing, demanding passages that require stamina and technical skills, and then again and again short stretches for relaxation in between.
After the tour, a visit to the Rothenburghütte is recommended.
Update: July 13, 2021
Landgasthaus und Partyservice Böß, 55767 Schwollen
Imbiss Tropicana im Ferienpark Hambachtal
Safety informationThe route is suitable for advanced MTB riders. On the way, hiking trails are crossed again and again, and families with children are on the move in the magic forest. We ask you to be careful and considerate when riding.
Tips and hintsThe brochure RadLust with further cycle routes (Genussradrouten) can be obtained free of charge from the Tourist Information Office of Birkenfelder Land.
Getting thereVia the B 269 from the direction of Birkenfeld or Morbach, follow the signs to Hattgenstein. At the entrance to Hattgenstein, turn right in the direction of Rothenburghütte / observation tower (is signposted accordingly).
ParkingThere are numerous free parking spaces available at the Rothenburghütte.
32U 366918 5506532
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentHelmets and usual safety equipment are required.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view