Around the valley of the wild rench the premium hiking trail “Wiesensteig” winds its way along the Griesbacher grasslands and hillslides. At a length of 13.5 kilometres you will encounter beautiful landscapes, mountain meadows, forests and water along your way.
Distance 13.3 km
The Wiesensteig a premium circular hiking trail with unique views, gently leads at 13,4 km up and down through lush green Black Forest meadows and pristine forest paths with fantastic views, past magnificent vantage points, invite the hiker and nature lover. Wiesensteig benches and spa chairs, placed at the best vantage points , invite the hiker along the Wiesensteig to stay for a while. The small Haberer Hut is the perfect place for a tasty snack out of your backpack. At the water station of "Griesbacher", hikers can satisfy their thirst with fresh mineral water. The beer station of "Alpirsbacher" invites the hikers to an enjoyable break. The Herbstwasen Mountain Inn and Renchtalhütte (lodge) can be found directly along the route and offer delicious treats of the regional Baden cuisine.
Route Profile: Exigent level of difficulty
Update: January 24, 2022
Getting thereFrom the upper Rhein Plain (A5) take the motorway exit Appenweier and the road B 28 to Bad Griesbach.
Parkingparking area for hikers Weiherplatz Bad Griesbach (free,unlimited)
32U 445023 5369920
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentGood hiking shoes are recommended
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view