Delicious Nahesteig picnic (from € 6.50) by reservation. More information here.
Rest StopSpeisegaststätte "Sonnenberg"
RISCHtig lecker bei DECKER's
Bistro Gleis 4
Safety informationSurefootedness is required. On some short passages ropes help with ascent and descent.In all places, the close-climbing starts gently and on wide paths. Don't be fooled by this, some passages have a real climbing character.There are 8 service stations along the route, where you will find plasters and some bandages. If you take something out, please inform the operators by mail, so that they can be refilled quickly.
Surefootedness is required. In some short passages, ropes help with ascent and descent, while the closest ascent starts gently and on wide paths in all places. You shouldn't be fooled by this, some passages have a real climbing character. There are 8 service stations distributed along the route where plasters and some bandages are kept ready. If you remove something, please inform the operator by email so that it can be refilled quickly.
Tips and hintsOn the way it is worth a detour to the ruins of Frauenburg. If you want to, you can get directly on the dream loop "Countess Loretta" here and vary your hike in this way.Also the other dream loops and the other hiking trails on the trail make great individual hiking variations possible.
Getting thereIdar-Oberstein: Directions to the Kammerhof restaurant, please use the designated parking spaces for hikers.Hoppstädten-Weiersbach: immediately after the exit "Birkenfeld" first exit to Hoppstädten-Weiersbach / Bahnhof Neubrücke. Past the station, after approx. 400 m turn left into the hiker's parking lot directly at the entrance to the trail
ParkingIdar-Oberstein, Restaurant KammerhofHoppstädten-Weiersbach: Hiker's parking lot HoppstädtenNohen: Parking lot for hikers Nohen
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentSturdy hiking shoes, clothing suitable for the weather and sufficient drinks are recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.