The Haberer tower was built in 1899 in honor of the benefactor of the so called Renchtalbäder, Dr. Albert Haberer. At its top you have a beautiful view on Bad Griesbach as well as the surrounding mountains. The village of Bad Griesbach itself has many opportunities for refreshment after the hike. The tour is also family friendly. The tower invites you to explore. On the diverse 6 kilometer long tour you also pass a tiny playground for kids.
Journey: Driving from Freudenstadt you turn left, right at the beginning of Bad Griesbach following the signs saying “Kreuzkopfschanze”. Coming from the direction of Offenburg turn right instead of left, at the end of Bad Griesbach.
Getting thereBad Peterstal-Griesbach is within easy reach through the connection to the B28, the Rhein plain motorway (A5), as well as the Bodensee motorway (A81).
This is how you get to the train station of Bad Griesbach:
- From the upper Rhein plain (A5) take the motorway exit Appenweier and the road B 28 to Bad Griesbach. The train station is located right in the center of Bad Griesbach on the right hand side.
- From the motorway A81 take the exit at Horb and drive along the B28 in direction of Freudenstadt and Bad Peterstal-Griesbach. The train station is located right in the center of Bad Griesbach on the left hand side.
ParkingParking lot near Bad Griesbach train station (free)
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Equipmentsturdy boots are recommended
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.