In the beginning the tour from Freiersburger hut has some steep ascents before you turn onto the root paths down to the lake. Already at half of the way you will encounter the first resting place with a great view on the Glaswaldsee. A tiny hut as well as benches invite travelers to rest and refresh at the lake.
Tips and hintsNationalparkregion - Der Glaswaldsee
Getting thereBad Peterstal-Griesbach is within easy reach through the connection to the B28, the Rhein plain motorway (A5), as well as the Bodensee motorway (A81).
- From the upper Rhein plain (A5) take the motorway exit Appenweier and the road B 28 to Bad Peterstal. At the church take a right turn and drive 3 kilometers until you reach the parking lot Freiersberg at your left hand side
- From the motorway A81 take the exit at Horb and drive along the B28 in direction of Freudenstadt and Bad Peterstal-Griesbach. At Bad Peterstal church take a left turn and drive another 3 kilometers until you rech the parking lot Freiersberg to your left hand side
ParkingParking lot Freiersberg
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentSturdy shoes are recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.