- Parking for people with disabilities
- Step-free access to the building/object/terrain (via elevator/ramp if necessary)
- All other rooms and facilities available to the guests are infinitely accessible by elevator or ramp
- 90 cm minimum width of all passageways/doors
- 80 cm minimum width of all passageways/doors
- 70 cm minimum width of all passageways/doors
- Toilets for people with disabilities
- Lateral accessible toilet for a wheelchair
- Hinged grab rail in the toilet at least on the accessible side
Audit Report: PDF report on accessibility for Walking disability and wheelchair users
All areas relevant for testing meet the quality criteria of the label "Accessibility certified - accessible for people with walking disabilities and partially accessible for wheelchair users".
Some information on accessibility are listed below. For detailed information please see the evaluation report at the end of the text.
- Two marked parking spaces are available in the public car park for people with disabilities (parking space size: 350 cm x 500 cm).
- The path from the car park to the entrance at ground level is 20 m long, easy to walk on and drive on, and has a gradient of 5% over a distance of 7 m.
- The entrance at Diether-von-Isenburg-Strasse is step less and without thresholds.
- All evaluated rooms that are available to the guest are accessible at ground level or by elevator.
- The elevator car measures 137 cm x 257 cm (width x depth). The clear passage width of the lift door is 90 cm.
- All passages/doors are at least 90 cm wide.
Public toilet for people with disabilities (ground floor)
- The manoeuvring space (width x depth) is:
- left/right of the toilet at least 120 cm x 70 cm;
- in front of the toilet/washbasin 120 cm x 120 cm;
- at the door at least 150 cm x 150 cm.
- There are fold-up handles on both sides of the toilet.
- The washbasin is wheelchair compatible and the mirror can be seen while standing or sitting.
- There is no alarm trigger.